Lenovo vibe k5 plus users have got the MIUI ROM v8 for their phones. Lenovo vibe k5 plus is one of the budget mobile with affordable performance.In previous post we have seen about installing cyanogenmod 14 on Lenovo vibe k5 plus. This post covers about installing MIUI ROM Lenovo vibe k5 plus.
Please note that this ROM contains many bugs.Of course the developers are working to reduce the bugs.If you are a new user with no experience with android custom ROMs.kindly don’t flash it and wait for the stable release.
You can also update Lenovo vibe k5 plus Android Nougat 7.0 via cyanogenmod rom .This ROM also has some bugs by the way.
Bugs as reported in MIUI ROM
- Camera does not save recorded videos,
- Notification LED does not work correctly
- Snapchat and Netflix App Not Working
- Chips do not work, you have to install the ROM without the chips on the phone and then insert them
- If you change the language after it is configured it can give a black screen and the cell phone can end up in Bootloop
- Standard themes app can bugar sometimes
- Radio App Does Not Work
Pre requisite to flash MIUI ROM on Lenovo vibe k5 plus
Download Miui Rom for Lenovo Vibe K5 plus
If you haven’t rooted your phone, kindly root it before flashing
Note : Please remove your sim card before flashing the ROM.There is some conflict with installing the ROM with sim card inserted.
Steps to install MIUI ROM on Lenovo vibe k5 plus
1.once you download the above files.Make sure you have back up your applications and contacts or messages. Since flashing the ROM everything will be erased.
2.Make sure you have above 50% of charge
3.Power off your phone.Hold volume down and control button.Release it once you get 3 options.use volume up to go into recovery
4. When you boot to recovery.Do a nandroid backup.IT would take around 15mins.
5.After backup.Goto clear data.Swipe to do the wipe data and cache
6.Now find the downloaded MIUI ROM for Lenovo vibek5 plus.zip
7.After flashing the ROM again do the Wipe cache and data
8.click reboot.The first boot takes more than 15mins. Kindly don’t panic
After it reboot setup your MIUI account and Google account. That’s it you have installed MIUI ROM on Lenovo vibe k5 plus.