You say update for galaxy fit.,
yes it is not official from samsung,but developers created the cm 11 rom for galaxy fit.
I have googled many sites to update my mobile but i find many method which leads to boot loop then later i solved it.so you cannot get boot loop if you follow these steps carefully
In this post I am going to explain about
Root your galaxy fit
CWM for galaxy fit
KITKAT Update for galaxy fit
ya its a old model of samsung released with froyo version of android and received the gingerbread update,then no update or care from samsung.It comes with 160mb ram and armv6.Though it doesn’t meets the requirement of ics,galaxy fit has the kitkat update.
Now i wont like to bore you with the info that you already know about your point.Lets coming to point.
Note that cm 11 rom has some bugs
so if you want a stable rom and full functionality try any jb rom.I suggest cm10 rom.download link given at end of the post
Flashing roms can cause you bootloop.so follow the steps carefully.I have successfully flashed so i am posting this guide for others to benefit
Steps for Flashing rom
- you need a rooted mobile.
- cwm recovery to flash the rom
- battery with 80%
STEPS TO ROOT YOUR GALAXY FIT
- Downloaad this root zip for galaxy fit
- Place it on your sd card
- switch off your mobile
- Boot to recovery mode(stock) by pressing power button and home button,hold it till you get recovery mode
- Choose update from sd card
- select update.zip(that you downloaded from the above link)
After it complete reboot your phone.Now you should find the supersu app
That’s it you have rooted your galaxy fit
Now its time for installing CWM recovery
THINGS YOU NEED
You need PC for this,and also samsung driver.Once download this place it in a separate folder.so you may not get confused during flashing recovery.
- Install samsung drivers
- Run the odin multi downloader.
- connect your phone with downloading mode
- To enter downlaoding mode press power button and volume down button,hold it until you get downloading mode(yellow color android image)
- connect your mobile to pc
- In odin choose one package,and choose ops from the downloaded file and also one partion as cwm.tar
- Do as directed mentioned in image
- click on start
- just wait,again don’t panic
- wait till your device reboot,thats it you have successfully installed CWM on galaxy fit.
Ok Now you have rooted galaxy fit with CWM,its time to play with custom roms.
Before flashing anything,do a backup of all your data.
you can also backup from recovery mode,so if you get any problem you can revert back to normal
TO BACKUP FROM RECOVERY MODE
Goto recovery mode by pressing power button and home button
Choose backup and restore
Now backup your stock rom
TO FLASH KITKAT ROM
- Download kitkat rom from this link
- Place on sd card
- wipe data
- wipe cache partition
- choose install zip from sd card
- choose the downloaded kitkat rom
- select reboot
Thats it you successfully installed kitkat rom for galaxy fit
As it already mentioned it is not the stable version,it has some bugs.Therefore try any jb rom for galaxy fit.
Listed below are some of the jb roms to try,To flash the rom follow the procedure given abbove
Based on android 4.2.2.stable rom.No bugs so far
Based on android 4.2.2.stable rom.No bugs so far.samsung interface.to see screenshots click here
I am sure that you will get better idea of flashing cutom rom to your galaxy fit.since this post covers how to root galaxy fit,how to install CWM for galaxy fit and finally update galaxy fit with kitkat rom.
If you find this post helpful,share with your friends.If you face any problem just comment below.